Let me guide you home
Buy A Home…
Step 1: Your Finances
Step 2: Your Ideal Home
Why do you want to buy a home?
- to stop paying rent or have a place of your own?
- to start building financial equity?
- to have more space to raise a family, entertain friends or business associates ?
What kind of home would you like?
Next you want to list what kind of home you’d like (in terms of size, style and features) and where you would like to be (your location). Be specific. Create two columns. One for the “must haves” and one for the “want to haves.”
- How much space do you need?
- What size and kind of property do you need? A rancher with no stairs, an acerage, a family home, a condo?
- Do you want a newer home or an older home you can fix up?
- What kind of resale value do you need?
- How long do you plan to live in this next home?
Where do you want to live?
- What kind of area suits you?
- a city, suburban neighborhood or a spot in the country?
- are you drawn to a particular community (north, south, east, or west side)?
- What kind of neighborhood do you picture yourself in?
- A new development area that is sparkly and new!
- A family focused neighbourhood, perhaps close to schoools and recreation facilities
- An older neighbourhood with more settled residents
- A remote location in the country
- Is it important to you to be close to any of these community services?
- Library and recreation facilities
- Schools and school zones
- Hospitals and health care facilities
- What is the commuting distance to work, schools, recreation facilities?
Step 3: Find The Right Home
Why Use a
At your side each step of the way, I will help walk you through the journey of buying or selling, based on the market and neighbourhood values that I work with on a daily basis.
I will also provide you with personalized advice, backed by over 25 years of experience as a professional REALTOR® in our community. Together we can navigate:
- what you need to successfully buy or sell a home
- recommendations for strategic negotiations
- connections to great resources in our community
- crucial closing details such as financing and inspections.
Salmon Arm, BC
Sell A Home…
Step 1: Evaluate the Worth Of Your Home
This will help you decide if it is the right time for you to sell, based on what has been listed and purchased in the area recenty. Then, based on your home evaluation, I will help you price your home competitively to attract qualified buyers.
Step 2: List your Property
- the Multiple Listing Service® database where other agents and prospective buyers can view the details online 24/7, including printed MLS® books
- a Personal Home Search service, which puts your listing in front of prospective buyers who are looking for criteria that matches your home
- social media, featured on my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels
- listings in our local newspapers, the Salmon Arm Observer and Market News
Step 3: Negotiate Your Sale
– Lance and Brenda
– Cara and Dustin
– Wayne and Barb
Our dream home became a reality with Rochelle as our Realtor! She went above and beyond in the selling and then buying process. We recommend her always!
– Ken and Lori
I absolutely love this community that I call home. It is a community that rallies together in good times and hardship. It is a community that is invested in supporting local businesses, and the local businesses are invested in giving back. This creates a beautiful circle of giving that I am proud to be part of. Here are just a few things that I am involved in locally.
Explore the Shuswap
Discover more by visiting Shuswap Tourism
Action & Adventure
Adventures in the Shuswap Area for the entire family to enjoy!
You could live here too!
Let me help you find a home to start living the dream here.
Explore Salmon Arm
About Salmon Arm…
Active Lifestyles, Sports & Recreation
- Salmon Arm Recreation Centre has a swimming pool, hot tub, shallow kiddie’s pool, diving boards, fitness rooms, gymnasium, squash and racquetball courts.
- The Shaw Centre hosts the Salmon Arm Silverbacks (our local Junior A Hockey team), minor hockey and ringette, tradeshows and conventions. It has a spectator arena for 1500 people.
- Uptown, the Salmon Arm Curling Centre hosts a variety of recreation and competitive leagues and bonspiels and special events.
- the SASCU Indoor Memorial Sports Complex, orginally the Memorial Arena for ice sports, was converted to an indoor playing field for soccer, football, rugby, lacrosse and other training activities
- The Little Mountain Sports Complex has The Field House, which is a great venue for smaller events, as it seats up to 60 people comfortably. It has a full kitchen for event caterings and even weddings. There are 3 sports fields with washroom facilities and locker rooms, a playground and is located next to Little Mountain Park hiking trails.
- The Salmon Arm Fall Fairgrounds host our annual Fall Fair, the Derby, Equestrian Shows, the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival and more throughout the year.
Lake Life As spring and summer arrives, enjoy a swim, kayak, canoe or paddleboard on our beautiful Shuswap Lake. Of course you can also bring your boat for water adventures, like waterskiing and wakeboarding too! You can launch your boat from Downtown Salmon Arm, Canoe Beach (7min from downtown) or one of the many other boat launches in the Shuswap region.
Shuswap Trails & Parks There are many trails and parks to explore right in the city of Salmon Arm. Wander down the wharf and along Marine Peace Park with your family, meet a friend to stroll around McGuire Lake park, take a run through Coyote Park, mountain bike in Park Hill, hike with your dog in Little Mountain or walk the beach in Canoe (to name a few). Then, not far past the city limits, drive up to Fly Hills to snowmobile/ATV or take a trip to Larch Hills to cross-country ski, hike or bike. There is so much terrain to explore. But be sure to do some research before you go, so that you can be prepared with water, snacks and a safety plan. Find online maps, trail guides and more info here: Shuswap Trails
Arts & Entertainment
- Go out for a night at the movies at The Salmar Grand or Classic Movie Theatre, a unique non-profit association that is a pillar in our community. They put 100% of their profits into theatre improvements and directly back into the community.
- At the Salmon Arm Arts Centre, visit one of the frequent art exhibitions.
- See a play at the Shuswap Theatre!
- Find hands-on workshops for painting, knitting, crafting, pottery and more!
- Attend the annual Roots & Blues Festival, which showcases an amazing lineup of international musicians at this family-friendly event.
- Find jazz, folk, rock, blues and more live music, at both indoor and outdoor venues throughout the year.
- Enjoy wine tastings at our local wineries.
- Let your tastebuds explore our many restaurants, cafe’s and bistros.
Forestry and agriculture remain an important and viable employment resource in the community, generating millions of dollars worth of business.
Tourism represents one of the fastest growing business sectors and the city is poised to be one of the premier convention locations in the interior.
Most retail establishments are located in the lively downtown area, two malls and a Smart Centre. We also have a wide choice of restaurants, pubs and family dining in the Salmon Arm area.
Here are some of the: Businesses in Salmon Arm
The Shuswap region of British Columbia has a large population of seniors. We have a four season paradise with a great climate and stunning scenery that is perfect to enjoy retirement in! Here is some more information on senior resources and activities in our community.
Things to Do!
Find your your passion, sport, hobby, or desire to try something new in one of our senior-friendly neighbouring communities!
- Hockey Lovers – A twin sheet arena offering “Old-Timers Hockey” or take in a Silverbacks Junior ‘A’ Hockey game or volunteer for one of our many minor hockey teams all at The Shaw Centre.
- Curlers – our curling facility offers seniors curling league and bonspiels.
- Bowlers – Our local bowling lane offers senior leagues, or join a seniors lawn bowling tournament.
- Golf Lovers – Choose from three 18 hole golf courses. All located within minutes of Salmon Arm
- Love to Learn? – Okanagan College offers seniors computer courses and more
- Fitness Fanatics – many fitness centres, yoga and pilates studios, personal trainers and fitness programs through the recreation centres.
- Outdoorsy Folks – hiking, mountain biking, the Lady Striders Walking Club, Shuswap Paddling Club, etc
- Horseback Lovers – horseback riding, stables, and clubs
- Live Theatre Fans – runs all year long offering incredible entertainment – Check out Shuswap Theatre
- Slow Pitch – Join the over 50 league!
- Swimmers – Salmon Arm’s SASCU Recreation Centre features an indoor swimming pool and hot tub among other facilities and offers senior specific swim and fitness programs
- Crafters – Join a sewing and quilting club, artisan group or pottery lessons!
- Food Lovers – enjoy a farmer’s market or one of the many pancake breakfasts
Join a Rotary Group
Check out the Branch 109 Seniors Group – offering many programs such as special dances, card playing and luncheons
Visit the Downtown Drop-in Centre – offers many programs including pot-lucks, cards and pool table tournament
- Visit Haney Heritage Village & Museum for High Tea
Seniors Housing & Care Facilities
• Arbor House – Private Residential Care • Bastion Place – Government Residential Care • Hillside Village – Government Residential Care • Pioneer Lodge – Government Residential Care • Eagle Valley Haven – Private Residential Care • Landers Lodge – Private Residential Care • Lakeside Manor – Private Residential Care • Mountain View Manor – Private Assisted Living • Piccadilly Seniors Care – Government Assisted Living • Piccadilly Terrace – Private Independent Living • Shuswap Lions Manor – Government Independent Living • Shuswap Lodge – Private Supported & Assisted Living
Need more info? Call the Seniors Resource Centre at 250-832-7000 or visit the Seniors Resource Centre HERE Health Services (see below) Let me help you find a home that you love, in a neighbourhood you love!
Emergency & Healthcare Services
Come join our community
Let me help you find a home for you to enjoy!